Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Approaching the Exam

BarBri tells you that you need to ace the essays and be average on the MBE and PT. I think this is the wrong approach. I think that if you've graduated law school, you are capable of writing a 60-65 point essay on almost any subject. What did you never do in law school? An assload of multiple choice questions and performance tests. If you build yourself enough of a cushion on the MBE and PT, it is okay if you miss an issue or two over the 6 essays. And the MBE and PT skills are FAR easier to master than essay skills, especially since your essays are being graded by people who wonder what the hell BarBri is telling their students such lies for. And the MBE only has 6 subjects for you to study, while you have to study ALL essay subjects to get good. Aside from the horrible formatting (sorry, my site is acting up at present), is this kind of thing helpful? If so, I'll keep giving some tips that I wish to God someone had told me a year or two ago. If not, I'll move on from bar tips. Also, anyone who passed, please feel free to comment and tell me whether or not you agree and if you have tips of your own.

No comments: