Monday, November 24, 2008

Seattle

I often hate to admit when other people are right, especially when I so badly want to be right.

Two of my best girlfriends have both suggested (in a supportive manner) that I stop torturing myself and re-evaluate my relationship with my ex. This ex told me that he would call me "every day this week" after I told him that I was so freaked out about the bar. He called on Sunday of last week and promised a call and a text the next day. It was the last time we spoke.

The real Capricorn in me REFUSES to call him. Why should I? He lied to me. He told me he was going to do something, knowing full well that I needed his support, asked for his support, and explained why...and he didn't do it.

It seems like every time I want something from him or that he tells me he'll do something, I'm always disappointed. It made me think about my relationships with my friends. While we're all human, for the most part, my friends are extremely loyal and follow through on the things they say. My ex? Exact opposite. What kind of friendship is it if I'm constantly being let down? Answer? It's not.

This seems to really be my deal breaker. He knew the hell I went through when I didn't pass last time. And I completely understand that he has a lot going on right now, but that's no excuse to make a promise of friendship and support and then fail to call for over a week.

I got more support from people I just IM with.

Moral of the story is that I think I'm finally wising up. Enough may actually be enough this time. I should focus on my fabulous friends, the ones who are actual friends, who act like friends. I need someone to constantly let me down like I need a fractured skull.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yes, we are all human, for the most part. :)

I'm so sorry, honey. I feel the same way about my date. I still want to drive over to his house and smack him upside the head.

Now that we're lawyers, do we have to avoid the intentional torts?