Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Real Holiday

I'm not huge on Thanksgiving, but this year was admittedly a bit different. I could not be more thankful that I finally passed the Bar. But it was still just another day of family turmoil and more drama than is ever necessary. Who would have thought that a holiday centering around food would piss people off so much?

I am a Black Friday shopper. I like the idea of good deals, but not nearly as much as I love the idea of being done with holiday shopping in 1 day. I have a lot of errands to run today, one of which is buying a Blackberry. I went to my local T-Mobile store where I was doubly disappointed. First, if I was a "new customer" instead of "an upgrade customer," my phone would have been free. WTF? Especially considering companies are going under because their customers can't pay their bills, I would think they'd rather keep their customers who pay their bills in full every month and on time. Second, they only had the phone in red. I'm not a fan of red except in very particular instances of lipstick. Where should I go to get the "titanium" colored phone? The mall. Are you nuts? I just escaped the mall and escaped with my life! Now you want me to go back? Maybe tomorrow.

Black Friday is the real holiday for me. I bought shirts for 5 bucks, designer purses for 10 bucks, a nice fleece blanket for 19, etc. I made out like a bandit! Problem? I still don't have anything for my dad. I think it may be okay though, since I'd like to take him to Vegas or Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) or Graceland. I'm just not sure I'll be able to afford it this year. So I'll have to think on whether or not I want to buy him something or give him an IOU. Any suggestions?

No comments: